Pages

Nov 14, 2011

Behind curtain #1

I'm a bad mom.

I let Gavin and Lexi shower together unsupervised tonight.

They were having a rollicking good time.  I could hear a fair number of bumps and crashes through the wall, along with lots of giggles.  I decided I didn't care.  But then there was a big THUNK.  I couldn't mentally identify what might have made that sound, so I went to investigate.

Gavin peeked through the shower curtain and produced the ceramic soap dish, which, up until 25 seconds before, had been cemented to the tile wall for approximately 25 years.

"How did that happen, Gavin?"

"I just pulled really hard and it came off."

Oh.  Well, I guess pulling really hard might just make that soap dish come right off.

"I'm sorry.  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry."


Oh brother.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, you didn't like that tile very much anyway, right? Right?

Heidi said...

Of course I hate the tile....but replacing it is like #527 on my list of desired home improvements! Way below, say, a new couch or clean carpets or non-popcorn ceilings or exterior paint or front landscaping or...or...or...

granny said...

Oh.Dear.

Lisa Romer Keele said...

At least it made for a cute picture!

Rob and Marseille said...

come on, perfect excuse to redo the bathroom!

Colleen said...

Wow! That boy sure has some muscle! Who needs that soap dish anyway? Does anyone actually use bar soap anymore instead of body wash? :)

Melanie said...

I STILL love that boy!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share