Pages

Nov 29, 2011

The 10th percentile

Kate had another weight check today.  Any guesses on her weight?



Well, I will tell you: 11 pounds!  Wow!  She gained a pound and a half in the last two weeks!  Kate is back on the 10th percentile line (she was below the 3rd a month ago) and Dr. Yochim is thrilled with her progress.  Garry and I have marveled at how Kate has grown before our eyes.  On our trip she was clearly growing out of her newborn diapers and size 0-3 months clothes.  She suddenly has chubby legs and a round belly and a nice soft chin. (Kate and I share these attributes, but somehow chub only looks good on babies.)

Last week while we were in Mesa, I spent about 20 minutes nursing Kate.  I thought it was a pretty good feeding, but Kate wasn't satisfied until she had 3.5 ounces of formula, too.  That's when I decided that formula is the way to go.  So for the last week or so I've been cutting back on nursing.  We're down to about once a day.  It has been a painful transition for me, of course, but Kate is doing just fine.  She's actually super hungry all the time (making up for lost time, apparently) and doesn't seem to have any bad reactions to the formula.  Formula feeding has a learning curve for me, but we are finding our groove.


Now if we can find some more happy baby grins for the camera, we'll be set.

6 comments:

Shaina said...

Oh, that's wonderful news! She is adorable, and I'm glad you found something that is working for her. Sorry about the nursing thing. I still get sad that I won't ever nurse, or be pregant, again, but we all move on to different periods in our life, and they are all good.

Grandma said...

That's great! She's such a little dolll. Love her:)

granny said...

Go Kate! Great news!

Amanda said...

She looks so great! I love her little rolls! I still look at pictures of Whitney and marvel at the visible difference that 4 weeks of eating made. :) I'm sorry about the nursing thing. I know hard it is to let that go. I hope you'll still be able to enjoy your cuddle time with her while she eats.

P.S. My word verification is "droolo"--seems appropriate for a post about babies!

Anonymous said...

She is such a sweet little pixie face! She looks wonderful. I hope this new plan continues to go well for everyone.

angiedunn said...

be still my ever beating heart. she is such a little lover.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share