Pages

Oct 29, 2012

funnies

Commentary on our barefoot lifestyle:

Lexi: Mom, where are you going?
Mom: Nowhere.
Lexi: Then why do you have shoes on?  Why does Dad have shoes on?
Mom: Because it's freezing.
Lexi: But where are you going?
...

On growing up:

Lexi: I'm gonna be a mama someday.
Mom: Yes, you are!
Lexi: I'm gonna drive when I'm a mama.
Mom: That's right.  What else will you do?
Lexi: Fix dinner.
Mom: What else?
Lexi: Be in bed with Daddy.
...

Grocery shopping with Gavin:

...

Tyler showed up like this after riding his scooter home from school.  When I asked why he wasn't wearing his coat (it was 32 degrees), he said he wasn't cold.

...

Speaking of cold, we got out the winter gear.  Our house will look like this for six months.

...

After the first real snow of the season (last Thursday, October 25), I was really hoping we wouldn't have a snow day.  The boys turned their pajamas inside out, flushed ice cubes down the toilet, and did a snow dance, but my wish came true.  Garry left me a note on the bathroom mirror Friday morning:

...

On the upcoming ward Halloween party:

Gavin: Malcolm told me about something so cool at the church.  It's where people get in the trunks of their cars for candy.
Mom:  Oh, yeah?
Gavin:  Yeah!  It's called trick-or-trunking!

6 comments:

angiedunn said...

cute! and i ♥ the poem on the mirror. :)

Anonymous said...

So many good ones! I think maybe Tyler on the scooter and the mirror poem are my favorites.

Five Wahlquist's said...

your kids are too cute! Gavin... I wish I was as cool as he is!

Melanie said...

Bob once locked all the kids out on the front porch when they pulled out all the snow gear like that. Classic! Thanks for sharing your real life!

Colleen said...

Gavin!! HAHAHAHA! I haven't figured out how to keep all that snow gear organized over the winter either. The coat hooks just get more and more filled so the things on them are sticking halfway out into the hallway and it's hard to get past without knocking it all off the hooks onto the floor.

Danielle said...

love the poem and yay for school!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share