Pages

Jul 14, 2012

What do you do in the summertime?

Last week I bought a slip-n-slide for $7.50.  I thought it would be super fun for my crazy kids on a hot afternoon.

Lexi found it in my room one night, and since the forecast for the next day was 92 degrees, I told the kids they could use the slip-n-slide during Kate's afternoon nap.  All day long (starting at 6:00 a.m.) they pestered me about when they could set it up.  It was a l-o-n-g day, but finally the appointed time arrived.

Turns out there was a hole in the darn slide--right out of the box!  After a few repair attempts, I finally resorted to putting a heavy bucket of ice melt on top of the hole.  It worked! Then the kids went to town.  They had a BLAST.  I'm glad I got out Garry's nice camera to document the event.













The fun lasted exactly ten minutes.

There was a slight breeze.  It was too cold.  So they wrapped up in towels and went back inside.

Awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got a lot of good pictures in 10 minutes though, right? :)

Melanie said...

You're such a fun mom!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share