Pages

Jul 30, 2012

Scenes from a walk

This morning the children were awake and fighting much earlier than the parents were ready to deal with them.  Since I do not have the gift of being able to go back to sleep once awakened, I decided to take Kate on a walk.  Tyler joined me at the last second.  We set out around 6:30.  Even though I had to shorten my stride and my route to accommodate Tyler and his too-small flip-flops, the next 40 minutes were perfectly lovely.

I had great companions:



And enjoyed some lovely scenery:



We saw hot air balloons:


And happy wildflowers:


This was my favorite sight:


But the sun rising through the trees was pretty awesome, too:


As was this face looking up at me:


And these two cuties greeted us when we got home:


What a nice way to start the day (even if I am tired).

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Sweet! I love those kinds of experiences.

Melanie said...

Just wish I could be walking with you. Good for you!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share