Pages

May 27, 2012

The gift of friendship

While in Mesa I had two awesome lunch dates with friends.

First I gathered with some friends from high school.  Heather, Julie, Erica, Christa, and I seemed to pick up right where we left off 16 years ago (man, we are old!).  We laughed and laughed and laughed, especially after Chad joined us near the end of lunch.  He took the picture below.  We all had such a good time together!



I also met with dear Melanie a couple of times.  We stood in the blazing heat to take a crazy picture that didn't turn out very well, but that doesn't taint my fond recollections of our lunch, which wasn't nearly long enough, or her daughter's wedding the weekend prior.  Getting my "Melanie fix" a couple times a year doesn't come close to satisfying my need, but I'm so glad she moved to my hometown so periodic visits are possible.


I am truly blessed with wonderful friends.

2 comments:

granny said...

Friends make all the difference.

Melanie said...

In the immortal words of Miss Piggy, "More is never enough!"

It was glorious to have you here...trying to be grateful instead of lonesome. Trying...

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share