Pages

Jan 30, 2008

Happiness Is...

Today I read a quote that said "sometimes happiness just happens," and you know, it does. We haven't done anything fancy here in Mesa, but we've had so much fun and been so happy. This time has helped me remember that happiness can happen when...


  • Cuddling my baby when he's passed out on my shoulder after nursing at midnight
  • Listening to my mom pretend to audition for Senior American Idol with "Grandpa's Farm"
  • Chillin' on the couch with my siblings and cousin every night when I know they all have work/school/life to face early the next morning

  • Having FHE with Granny and Gramps (and singing "Families Can Be Together Forever" with them)
  • Hearing Ryan give his first priesthood blessing
  • Seeing Devlin's face light up at my photos of Mater and Lightning McQueen

  • Taking a two-hour nap
  • Getting a kiss on the lips from Eve
  • Buying ice cream at McDonald's for all the cousins and watching them eat it

  • Seeing Mr. Miyagi walk Zachary (instead of vice versa)

  • Sleeping in

  • Scheduling a massage for myself (can't wait!) and knowing my children won't miss me for a second because they'll be at Granny's house

And speaking of happy things, I'd like to give a special shout-out to Gavin, who is officially two months old. His chubby cheeks (and arms and thighs and belly) definitely define happiness.

5 comments:

angiedunn said...

i love him. maybe you should leave him here, for, let's say...the next century?

it has been beyond happy to have you chill. but let's face it...senior AI auditions o' c-hop takes the cake.

little does she know i was recording it on my phone! {jk, mom...if only...}

runningfan said...

I could only bear to leave Gavin if you let me take Chloe home with me! J/K...it'd never happen. But I would take Chloe any day!

Chelsea said...

Heidi! Your family is so beautiful! Congrats on your new baby! *so I am only 2 months late!!

Have fun in Az!!

Mark Dixon said...

You make me awfully happy I'm coming home tonight.

granny said...

OK, so what on earth posessed me that night? If it really were on your phoner,Angie, I'd have to confiscate it. Thanks for comin' Heidi...it has been such a blast.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share