Pages

Oct 3, 2013

Don't Eat Pete!

My mom came to visit last week "just because."  Unlike most trips, where she has been caretaker for me and/or my children, or visiting for family events like baptisms and baby blessings, this time she came just to be with us.  It was mostly a week of regular life, with kids running every which way, homework, crazy dinner hours, and housework, but we had some fun, too.  Like going to lunch every single day.  And staying up late talking about random things.  And attending the Relief Society broadcast at church.  And eating lots of peanut butter M&Ms.  Yum.

The kids were ecstatic to spend time with Granny, of course. Before she even got into our house, the kids asked if she brought candy for "Don't Eat Pete" games.  She did, because that is their little tradition together.  They played the game almost every night.  This is the only picture I have of Granny with the kids, besides the one with her playing the piano with Gavin.  I know, I'm lame.


My mom and I did some projects at home, most of which related to updating Kate's bedroom.  I love the new valance and bed skirt and the letters on the wall.  Not a bad makeover for twenty bucks, eh?



She also taught me how to hem pants and preserve the original stitching at the bottom.  This is great information for the girl who is as wide as she is tall.

Thanks for coming, Mom!  See you in three weeks!

No comments:

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share