Pages

Apr 22, 2014

Free spirit


Well, folks...I have purchased my last box of diapers!  That's right. Kate is well on her way to big girl-hood, and I couldn't be happier. Actually, that's not true. I could be happier: I am still scrubbing undies more than I would like. Eventually Kate will decide that 100% toilet commitment is the way to go. Until then I am trying to be patient...but also savoring the (away-from) baby steps that are happening.

Kate makes me laugh every single day. I am charmed by all the leotards and tutus, and even the way she runs around the back yard in nothing but underwear.


The other day she took no fewer than 300 pictures with my phone.  Many were selfies, which crack me up.





Kate tells me every day that she hates naps (in those words), but she still takes them most of the time. Sometimes if she doesn't get a TV fix, she's impossible to deal with, so nap time is a token of sanity on hard days. But then I usually have to wake her up to pick up the boys from school. Sad. This first picture is on such a day. The one below happened on a day when she didn't take a nap, and then fell asleep on our after-school run. I left her in the car in the garage, and then after she woke up she was so ornery that I wrapped her in a blanket and she fell asleep again. She slept almost two hours, waking up at 6:00 p.m. Yeah, that wasn't the best.



Kate gets a lot of press on the blog, but I guess that's the nature of babies. I'm not sure I'll ever get to her memory book past age two, and the chances of this blog post making it to a book are small, but it's not because I don't want to capture my silly memories of this delightful little girl.

No comments:

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share